Wednesday, August 4, 2010

August Update

Dear Praying Friends,

Greetings from hot and humid Illinois! The last few days have been a blur of packing, last minute shopping trips, and special goodbyes. I wanted to send out a quick update before I leave tomorrow so that you all could be informed of the ways in which God has been working and be in prayer for my trip down to Peru and the start of ministry there!

As many of you know, my goal at the start of this process was to raise $8,000.00 necessary for support throughout the coming eleven months. I am humbled and thankful to report that God has provided $10,200 due to the prayers and generous giving of many of you. Thank you again for your sacrifice; I am so grateful.

This past Sunday evening my church had a special "send-off" service for me. (Complete with a special cupcake and dessert fellowship afterwards! :-) It was such a special time of worship, challenge, and fellowship. My pastor (and dad) gave a specific challenge from the Word to "be a servant" (Mark 9:35) He encouraged me to be a Humble Servant, a Joyful Servant, an Enthusiastic Servant, and a Faithful Servant. I am blessed to have such a loving home church behind me.

I appreciate your prayers as I fly out tomorrow (Thursday the 5th). My flight leaves from St. Louis, MO at 5:30pm. From there I fly to Miami, FL and leave Miami at 11:50pm. Lord willing, I will arrive in Lima at 4:35am on Friday. Please be in prayer that the flights go smoothly, that I make the connection, and have no loss of luggage.

I am looking forward to arriving and getting settled in to my apartment at Fetzer Memorial Christian Academy. Beki Wishart, a former ARRIBA teammate of mine, short-term teacher at Fetzer, and good friend, will be sharing the apartment with me. Just yesterday I received an e-mail from one of my missionary friends in Peru, asking if I would be willing to play the keyboard at a wedding at their church on Saturday night! I can't wait to get busy right away with ministry!

Monday we will begin orientation meetings at Fetzer and classes will begin on Wednesday! Please be in prayer for the teachers and students as we prepare for the new school year.

Thanks to all of you for your encouragement and prayers! I look forward to keeping you updated on the ministry throughout this year! God bless!

Serving the Savior,
Heidi Robbins

Prayer Request:

1. Safety in travel on Thursday, no loss of baggage, opportunities to witness.
2. Preparation for classes to begin on August 11th.
3. Re-adjustment to Peruvian culture, speaking Spanish, etc.
4. Faithful time in God's Word, and and an attitude of service.


__
"As for God, His way is perfect; the Word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him." Psalm 18:30

2 comments:

  1. Praying Heidi!

    So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God richly bless your ministry efforts in Peru.

    ReplyDelete

 

Perspectives from Peru | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates